Ah, cellulite. The bane of a woman's existence.
OK, we're being super dramatic, but it is just one of those things that seems to never go away, and can totally ruin your confidence when heading to out and about.
Many women know what cellulite looks like, but not so many ladies know what it actually is.
When fat cells gather and expand beneath the skin, they push up against the tissue, which in turn makes an uneven appearance, and it's commonly found around the bum, thighs, and hip area, as well as sometimes at the back of your arm.
But fear not, because by eating the right food and drink, your diet can help you on your way to reducing cellulite for good:
Salmon is super rich in antioxidants, which breaks down fat cells. The omega-3 fatty acids in this wonderful fish also repairs and strengthens skin tissue and fibres.
Don't know what to cook up with salmon? Why not try a simple French grilled salmon salad.
- Mix green beans, sliced shallots and loose lettuce leaves in a bowl.
- Grill the salmon for eight to ten minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, olive oil and some salt and pepper.
- Add a boiled egg and tuck in.
According to a heap of nutritionists, sunflower seeds are the new nuts. They're a fab source of vitamin C, potassium, zinc and vitamin B6, which is great for repairing the connective tissue. It also eliminates excess water so bye-bye bloating.
There's loads of ways to add sunflower seeds into our diet but a sunflower and lentil spread is our fave.
- Grab some lentils, lemon juice, salt & pepper and combine in a blender until smooth.
- Now add is some sunflower seeds, celery, scallions and parsley.
- Heat up a pita bread and get cracking.
These peppers can boost your metabolism for up to three hours after you eat them. This makes your body efficiently burn calories, which aids to weight loss. It also improves your blood flow which will flush out toxins, reducing fat deposits under connective cords.
We love anything a little bit spicy, but you need to try this tangy green chilli.
- Add oil to a pan and sauté minced beef until no longer pink. Add some chopped onion, one red chilli, paprika and garlic. Stir for one minute.
- Add one bottle of dark beer (believe us, it's good) and bring to boil. Cook for 15 minutes and then add salsa and beans. Reduce heat and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with some sourdough toast. Mmmm.
Blackberries and blueberries enhance collagen production, creating new skin tissue, which helps us improve our skin's tone and texture. They're also great antioxidants and break down fat.
We love some berries in a dessert, so why not try this recipe.
- Combine some sugar and white wine in a pan and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and add some basil and orange zest. Cover and steep for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl. combine blackberries, blueberries, peaches and lemon juice. Then add the syrup from the pan and garnish with basil sprigs.