HomeTagsPosts tagged with "syco"

syco

Get ready to be the next global sensation, because Britain's Got Talent are bringing their open auditions to Ireland for their brand new series, with dates for Dublin, Tralee, Kilkenny, Tralee as well as further venues around the country.

The much-loved show are branching out their reach to the Irish nation, and now is the time to get your act together and audition for the one of a kind prize.

This year, the Britain’s Got Talent team is coming to Dublin, on the Sunday 25th November at The Spencer Hotel from 12-5pm. Auditions are open to any performer of any age, with absolutely any talent.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by Britain's Got Talent (@britain.got.talent) on

Successful acts at the auditions will then be in with a chance of securing a place at one of the 2019 judges’ auditions.

Whether you're a comedian, actor, singer, dancer troupe or even animal- now is your chance to shine.

Executive producer Charlie Irwin said:

“We can’t wait to see what talent you’re ready to bring to the BGT stage in 2019.  Anyone can apply – there is no age limit and we are looking for all kinds of talents. So, if you feel you have something special to show us, no matter what it is, then make sure you apply, you never know where it might take you!” 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by 張鍾昊 (@bell.of.heaven_92) on

Following his win last year, Lee Ridley, also known as the Lost Voice Guy, sold out his entire Edinburgh Fringe run and had to add on extra performances.

In 2019 Lee will be embarking on a UK tour, he is currently writing the second series of his popular Radio 4 sitcom Ability and has also been commissioned to write about a book about disability. 

Since being crowned the winner of Britain’s Got Talent 2017, Tokio Myers has co-produced the Artists for Grenfell charity single to support The London Community Foundation, has released his debut album Our Generation, the biggest classical crossover of 2017. He is currently in the process of creating new music.

Of course, we can't forget about Susan Boyle, who has sold more than 23 million records worldwide. Diversity have sold-out seven nationwide tours and are about to embark on their eighth UK tour Ignite, while multi-platinum selling artist Paul Potts has sold six million records worldwide.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by Diversity (@diversity_official) on

BGT 2014 winners Collabro have had a No. 1 album and Calum Scott, Simon’s golden buzzer in 2015, was the first ever Britain’s Got Talent contestant to be nominated for a Brit Award. His song Dancing on my Own achieved phenomenal success. 

Previous BGT Series 9 semi-finalist, Sheku Kanneh-Mason, who was part of the classical band The Kanneh-Masons, went on to win the BBC's Young Musician of the Year 2016. Since appearing on BGT, Sheku has performed at the BAFTAs, the BBC Proms and even the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

We're jealous of the last one especially…

If you want to join this group of successful contestants, come down to audition next Sunday. You won't regret it.

Feature image: BBC

Trending

Louis Tomlinson has just signed an 18-month record contract with Simon Cowell, making him the only member of One Direction to remain loyal to the label that catapulted him to fame in 2010.

The 25-year-old made his solo debut in December of last year.

The track called Just Hold On, featured DJ and music producer, Steve Aoki, and was launched on The X Factor with the help of Simon.

According to Metro.co.uk, Louis said, ‘I’m very happy to have signed. I’m excited to be continuing my relationship with Syco, and also working with the brilliant team at RCA in the US.’

‘I’ve been working really hard in the studio and can’t wait to show you what I’ve been writing.’

Meanwhile, his former One Direction band mates, Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Liam Payne and Zayn Malik have all signed solo contracts with other record labels.

Simon previously admitted that he had expected the boys would come to him for help with their solo ventures, but Louis was the only one to come knocking at his door.

He said, “I hear so many things now, which they’re doing, which I’m not involved with. It’s a bit like I’m getting the hint you don’t want me to come to the party. Sorry for making you famous.”

According to reports, a label insider also revealed that it was “no secret Simon was upset when the other guys went to different labels but he has always been closest to Louis.”

They added, “They have worked together very closely in the past 18 months on various projects, so staying loyal was a no-brainer for him.”

Directioners, watch this space.

Trending

Former X Factor winner James Arthur has revealed the devastating effect being dropped from Simon Cowell’s record label had on his mental health.

After competing in series nine of the hit reality show, a stream of controversies led to the demise of the singer’s contract with Syco.

Having previously admitted to developing a dependence on drugs after finding fame, the 28-year-old Middlesbrough native has now confessed to experiencing suicidal thoughts in the aftermath of losing his record deal.

 

A photo posted by James Arthur (@jamesarthurinsta23) on

He told the Evening Standard: “If I was ever near a balcony, or in my car, I’d have an image of me jumping over or driving off the road.”

“But then I’d think, ‘Don’t do it, you’ve got sisters, you’re the man of the family.”

“There was many a time I thought of it,” he continued.

 

Me and the don @simoncowell #xfactor

A photo posted by James Arthur (@jamesarthurinsta23) on

Thankfully James now has his career back on track and has resigned with Syco.

His second album, Back From the Edge, is due for release on October 28.

 

Trending

by

They fell out famously after his stint on The X Factor, which led Simon to drop him from his music label… but now it looks like James Arthur is making a comeback.

James could very well resurface with a major bang now that Simon has signed him BACK onto Syco this week. 

After topping the iTunes charts with Say You Won't Let Me Go and The Truth, the 28-year-old was signed right back up by the music mogul.

A source told The Sun: "Over the last few years James has kept in touch with Simon. 

"Simon has always thought James is a real talent but as soon as he heard the record he made up his mind to re-sign him.

 

A photo posted by James Arthur (@jamesarthurinsta23) on

"James has grown up a lot and realises he made mistakes in the past. Simon knows this."

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

Trending

by

We thought Niall Horan was happy enough working away with his golf ventures, but news has just broke that the Mullingar native is set to be the first member of One Direction to release his own music.

And, with Simon Cowell's label Syco, no less.

An insider told The Sun: "Niall is the band's secret weapon – Modest and Syco believe he has what it takes to become a break-out solo star.

"He has the songwriting and music talent, good looks and cheeky Irish personality which made him a favourite in the States," the source said.

 

A photo posted by Niall horan (@niallhoran) on

"A deal with Syco is going to be signed in the coming weeks and Niall is already back in the studio writing.

"There's a hit single there too, which will probably be released early next year."

Excited, ladies? We can't wait to hear some of Niall's own tracks. 

Trending

Destined to become another addition to the long lost and forgotten hopefuls of the X Factor, Ben Haenow has been dropped from Syco following disappointing debut album sales. 

With his album only released in November last, the 31-year-old took to Twitter to graciously announce the news. 

"Working with The X Factor and Syco has been the most amazing time of my life and has given me the best possible platform for the start of my career.

"However, after discussions with the Syco team we both felt it was the right time to move on."

In other words, they told him to GTFO. 

Don't worry Ben, you are not the first and will not be the last to be forgotten by the official reality show of musical doom. 

1) Eoghan Quigg

What can we say about the fresh-faced little Eoghan who once melted our hearts with one puppy dog glance. 

Well, after releasing the "worst album in the history of recorded sound" according to the Guardian, Eoghan has since been seen getting his kit off for various celebrity gossip magazines.

He did however go up for Ireland's Eurosong contest in 2014! Alas, he didn't win that either. 

2) Diana Vickers

Thankfully, Eoghan's love interest from that particularly memorable year, has fared better. 

You may not have heard much from Diana music-wise since her debut album Songs from the Tainted Cherry Tree. 

While she did release a second album in 2013,  the formerly frizzy-haired songstress went on to do well in other ventures including starring in numerous West End shoes and producing her own fashion line. 

3) James Arthur

Everything looked good for James when he won the X Factor. With his voice of gold and his single Impossible remaining the fastest selling winner's single to date. 

What could possibly go wrong? Well, James' big mouth it would seem. 

James became embroiled in a homophobic Twitter scandal and after releasing his debut album around that time, he quicklyparted ways with Syco. 

Don't worry though! The musician has since been signed to Columbia Records and we shall be seeing a second album from him at some point this year. 

4) Aiden Grimshaw 

If you miss Aiden's brooding good looks as much as we do, then you will be glad to hear he has not completely disappeared off the face of the earth. 

While having not heard much since his X Factor follow-up album, the 24-year-old went out and produced his own self-titled EP in 2013. 

After a year long break from music, Aiden released two singles last year AND is reportedly working with Zayn on his upcoming solo album. Get you, Aiden! 

5) Steve Brookstein 

Remember the winner of the very first season of X Factor ever? 

Well, poor Steve was swiftly dropped from Syco following a disappointing sales for his debut album. He has since been engaged in a very bitter public feud with Simon. 

Steve released an album tragically titled Forgotten Man in 2014. 

6) Matt Cardle 

Another talented vocalist won in 2011 but you have probably since forgotten about him. After a successful winners single, Matt's second single didn't fare as well and… you've guessed it! Syco gave him the axe. 

While the star has released two other albums since, the 32-year-old has gone on to find success in the West End and is currently starring in musical drama Memphis. 

Oh and he has a new album coming out this year. What a busy bee! 

7) Katie Waissel 

Katie was bonkers on the X Factor, so we can only hazard a guess as to watch she could be up to know. 

It turns out that she does not seem to have been up to much since but she did release an album in 2011 and is currently reinventing herself as part of a new band called Red Velvet. 

They're working on a debut album. 

8) Rebecca Ferguson 

Rebecca may not be out in the charts or in the papers, but that doesn't mean she hasn't been working. 

Rebecca has carved a career for herself away from pop music having released two critically acclaimed albums since competing in the show. 

She also released a covers album last year. 

9) Chico 

It's Chico time! 

Well, no we reckon it was never really Chico time. 

Apparently, Chico has done everything from hosting online gaming sessions for a company called Bingocams UK to producing songs for England in the 2010 World Cup

As for today, we have no idea what this firecracker is up to nowadays but he does have a wife and daughter so we reckon he has his hands full. 

10) Janet Devlin 

Janet was booted out of the X Factor for being just that bit too unique for Syco's interests. 

The Northern-Irish songstress did however land her own record deal and has since released two albums. 

She still gigs around the world. 

11) One Direction 

Never amounted to much sadly. 

Trending

Our party duo, Reggie'N'Bollie have not been offered a recording contract by Simon Cowell's record label, Syco despite coming second in this years X Factor competition. 

The Ghanaian duo have reportedly not been approached by Simon despite the music mogul snatching up last years runner up, Fleur East. 

In an interview with the Digital Spy, Reggie said that though Simon was very complimentary towards to the band, he made no plans to work with the duo in the future. 

"Simon, right after the show, walked up to us and said, 'great job – well done. You guys have been amazing. We're glad you came on this show and we know the future is going to be bright for you.' "

If that was not a Simon Cowell rejection, then we don't know what is.

However, the success of the duo on the show has sparked a lot of interest in the hyperactive pair. 

"[Simon] didn't say anything about a record deal, but we know our management are talking to different labels."

"At the moment there are really interesting conversations going on."

We hope this is not the last we see of these two. 

Trending

First, we heard the news that Liam Payne is planning to write songs for other boybands, and now it has been revealed that Louis Tomlinson is planning to work at Simon Cowell's record label Syco. 

The boyband star is set to run his own label imprint, as well as guest star on The X Factor. 

That will bring Louis and Simon back together to put some new talent out there, including potentially a “girl band,” as Louis told The X Factor’s Xtra recently.

“I’ve got, like, a little label imprint, so I’m trying to work with that at the moment,” Louis told hosts Melvin and Rochelle.

“I’m lucky enough to be working with Simon. We’ve got a few different projects going on at the moment — one of which is we’re actually trying to put a girl band together."

"Yeah, it’s just really exciting to be involved in the different side of it, the background.”

 

Trending

Caroline Flack's fans got more than they bargained for last night when the TV presenter accidentally flashed her nipple online.

605,000 Instagram followers were treated to a look at Caroline's left nipple when she forgot to crop out the bottom of her selfie.

Caroline posted the photo just hours before attending Simon Cowell's End of Summer bash in London, but quickly deleted it after noticing her mishap. Unluckily, the photo was doing the rounds online within minutes.

Reposting the properly cropped photo, Caroline didn't seem too fazed by the incident. 

"Bloody el," she wrote, crediting her hair and make-up to celeb MUA Gemma Wheatcroft.

 

Bloody el…. Hair and make up by @gemflossy

A photo posted by caroline (@carolineflack) on

The X Factor presenter was pictured at The Orangery for the Syco event later that night, by which stage she was of course properly covered up.

Wearing a black cap sleeved Halston Heritage dress, Caroline chose to show off her bronzed legs rather than her top half.

Also in attendance at the glam bash were X Factor judge Nick Grimshaw,  Alesha Dixon, The Saturdays' Rochelle Humes, Britain's Got Talent presenter Amanda Holden and a heap of other stars.

We hope Caroline recovered in time to enjoy herself on the night…

Trending

by

Speculation started a few weeks ago that Simon was planning to fire the 2012 X Factor winner, James Arthur.

But it seems James beat him to it, as he announced this evening that he was leaving Syco Music for good.

“Just to clear things up – I am no longer with Syco. I would like to thank all at the label for making a great record with me. I now have to move on and do something different – the future is bright! #LOVE”

We’re not too surprised by this announcement as things have been tense between Simon and James for a while.

But this is the second X Factor winner to leave Simon’s label, as Leona Lewis announced a few weeks ago that she was also moving on from Syco.

According to reports, Simon was planning on dropping the singer after controversial lyrics, including, “I am going to blow your family up like I am a terrorist” appeared in some of his new material.

When James went on a Twitter rant in March, Simon said someone should have told him to “shut up and just put the records out”.

Well it looks like Simon doesn’t have to worry about James anymore.

jamesarthur1

Trending

by

X Factor winner, Leona Lewis has split from Simon Cowell’s record label Syco, despite being with them since her win in 2006.

Leona revealed on Twitter this evening that she has decided to leave Syco and join Universal Island Records instead.

However Simon seems ok with the move, even tweeting his congratulations to Leona.

“Congratulations Leona. We had 7 great years together and now wish you all the best for the future. You put X Factor on the map. X”

But Leona didn’t respond to Simon’s message and instead tweeted about her excitement about working with Universal Island Records.

“So happy to finally be able to share the amazing news that I have joined the @islandrecordsuk family! Excited for this next chapter…”

Leona revealed more about her shock move in a statement.

“After seven incredible years at Sony I feel honoured to be given the opportunity to sign to perhaps the most iconic label of all, Island Records. To me Island has always been a label where artists can really flourish and are encouraged to express themselves.”

Hmmm, even though Simon seems ok with Leona’s move, we wonder what caused Leona to split from Syco in the first place?

leonalewis

Trending
Well hello there!
Help us help you by allowing us and our partners to remember your device in cookies to serve you personalized content and ads.

We're on a mission to help our mums and their families thrive by informing, connecting and entertaining.

Join us in our mission by consenting to the use of cookies and IP address recognition by us and our partners to serve you content (including ads) best suited to your interests, both here and around the web.

We promise never to share any other information that may be deemed personal unless you explicitly tell us it's ok.

If you want more info, see our privacy policy.