It’s often difficult to find that ideal living situation and even harder to find that ideal housemate. But when you do, the two of you just know that you are both going to be housemates forever:
Know each other delivery orders
You know each other’s orders off by heart. More importantly, you know when you desperately need to hear that phrase “fancy a Chinese?” Because it is literally what you’ve been thinking about all day.
Her family is your family
And vice versa. Whenever you’re on the phone to your mum, she always asks about your housemate and your housemate’s mum always thinks to send up some extra treats for you to have as well.
You have a routine
If she has a fella around, you know it’s a good idea to spend the rest of the evening in your room. But you don’t mind, because you know she would probably do the same for you.
Know too much
You both know way too much about each other. Seriously – way too much.
Best nights in/out
Whether it’s staying in or going out altogether, you two always have the best nights.
Birthdays and parties are always good fun so why not add some more excitement to yours and throw in a theme!
These themes are adult friendly and don’t all require dressing up (though that is the most fun!)
Dig out that ball gown you wore to your debs five years ago and make an excuse to wear it again. Make your theme black tie and have fun being anything but classy in gowns and tuxes at your houseparty.
2. Party in the US
Go all American and get some red cups (you always wanted an excuse to buy them), some hot dogs, Budweiser, Reese’s Pieces, flags and anything else you can think of!
3. Vintage tea party
Bring the girls around for an afternoon of triangle cucumber sandwiches, pastel macaroons and mimosas.
4. 80’s movie stars
Dress up as your favourite 80’s movie star, we’re thinking Sam Baker from Sixteen Candles, and dance the night away with Marty McFly.
5. Garden party
If the weather permits, take your shindig outside and doll the garden up like an enchanted forest. Lots of flowers, garlands, outdoor lighting and fairy lights will have your garden looking magical.
6. 90’s band party
Channel your inner Lene from Aqua and go all out with gummy bracelets and a Baby G watch.
It can be easy to be swept away with the idea of a grandiose wedding in a castle with everyone you’ve ever met there – but intimate can be better. And cheaper.
These simple tips will help your wedding to be just as down-to-earth as you are. If you and your guests are comfortable then you’ll remember the night forever.
1. Cut the guest list
If you invite the people that you and your OH love the most you’re guaranteed the night of your life.
2. Have the ceremony somewhere unusual
If you are into the idea of an outdoor wedding then pick somewhere that means something to you as a couple. That place will be special forever after.
3. Name each reception table
This can add a fun twist and you can make pretty name plates for each table.
4. Have a theme
And be as subtle or blatant as you like!
5. DIY as much as you can.
Nothing beats homemade crafts as party favours or drinking cocktails out of decorated mason jars. So fetch the glitter out and get creative!
Believe it or not, we aren’t the only ones who have a million thoughts running through our minds when we first kiss a man. As much as they don’t like to show it, men have feelings too.
Here’s what runs through his mind when you two first lock lips:
- Which angle should I take?
- Does she even want to kiss me?
- I probably should have taken a mint beforehand.
- I’ll just dive right into it.
- I hope she’s enjoying it.
- Should I go for tongue?
- What if I have a partial boner?
- I want to move my hands, but is it could be too soon.
- It can’t be too soon, she’s having fun.
- Wait, is she even having fun?
- I enjoyed that, I hope we can do it again soon- and more.
Trains are the perfect way to truly see a country up close and these reasons will show you exactly why we absolutely love travelling this way.
You’re going to want to ditch the plane ticket in favour of a train ticket after reading this.
- You don’t need to turn up four hours before it leaves the station – airports, we’re looking at you.
- You can bring bottles that contain more than 100mls (oh the joy!) and they don’t need to be squashed into a tiny plastic bag.
- You can use your phone so you’re free to Facebook stalk as you please.
- If you’re sitting beside a particularly annoying person you can simply up and move – yay!
- You can bring your own food and drink.
- When you look out of the window you will see more than clouds and a 35,000ft drop….
- The train journey can become a holiday in itself.