We love sweet treats here in SHEmazing! HQ (just check our Instagram page for proof), so when we came across these new baking inventions, we had to share the delightfulness with you all.
Whether you want to try to bake these at home or just plan to eat them, here are five sweet trends to get your teeth into:
Part-biscuit, part-cake, it’s the buttercream filling of a Victoria sponge sandwiched between two chewy cookies.
Crisp flaky pastry surrounds a deliciously moist frangipane, orange, cinnamon and date filling. They’re made to share, but we won’t judge if you don’t.
The Ice-cream Macaron
Part ice-cream sandwich, part fancy French macaron? We think all of our dreams have come true!
The canelé is a caramelised sponge filled with custard but the new version is infused with chilli-spiced ganache and lavender custard.
The Paris Brest
A traditional French wheel-shaped choux pastry with a praline cream centre has been given a make-over of a banana créme brulée filling. YUM!
We all know the drill.
You're chilled out on the couch and suddenly you crave some sweet sugary goodness.
The only problem is you have no effort whatsoever to cook up a storm in the kitchen.
Fear not ladies! We have 4 sweet treat recipes that you can whip up in no time!
Prepare to indulge!
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 16 wonton skins (available at any Asian food store)
- 1 banana (sliced into 15 thin pieces)
- Icing sugar
- Preheat your oven to 200*C
- Place 1/2 tablespoon of Nutella into centre of wonton skin and then place banana on top
- Rub water along edge of wonton skin and then fold into a triangle, pressing the side down
- Put on baking tray and brush with melted butter
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and dust with icing sugar for decoration
Gooey Chocolate Mud Cake
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 standard size mug
- In mug, crack egg, add icing sugar and cocoa powder
- Whisk together until smooth
- Microwave for 50-60 seconds, until cake is cooked through.
- Add any topping of your choice!
Simple Strawberry Hawaiian Ice Cream
- 2 cans of Club Orange
- 1 can of 7 Up
- 1 can of condensed milk
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl (mix for about three minutes straight)
- Cut up strawberries and put into mixture (along with strawberry juice)
- Cover your bowl and place on a flat shelf in your freezer
- Freeze over night and viola! Simple Hawaiian ice cream
Mixed Fruit Banana Split
- 1 small banana, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 small pot fof greek yoghurt
- Fruit of your choice
- Place banana halves in a shallow bowl, cut sides facing inwards
- Spread peanut butter evenly over your banana
- Spoon yoghurt in the middle
- Top with cereal and fruit of your choice
Is there anything that Disney can’t make magnificent?
Apparently not, judging by the looks of their amazing new cake invention!
Their latest stroke of genius was unveiled during their recent Fairy Tale Weddings Expo, at which they showcased their spectacular new cake projection mapping invention.
The innovative technique sees images and animations projected onto the wedding cake, adding decoration that is not only customisable but also magical!
Disney-loving couples everywhere are sure to be excited when they see the technique in action, but, naturally, having Tinkerbell flitting across your wedding cake while it’s circled by a horse-drawn carriage is not something that is going to come cheap.
Indeed, these special Disney cakes are so far only available as part of a whole Disney ‘Wishes Collection’ wedding package, with prices starting at $12,000.
Cue hearts breaking all over the world.
There is no denying the magnificence of those cakes. Let’s hold out hope for the release of a more purse-friendly version soon!
Check them out in action below:
Our summer picnics in the park have been given a touch of class as The Westin Dublin announce the launch of their takeaway afternoon tea.
Avaible from The Atrium at The Westin Dublin, the takeaway afternoon tea features a sleek and convenient carry box complete with the traditional tea-stand tiers for all those delicious cakes and sandwiches.
Perfect for bringing back to the office or for a picnic with the girls!
The afternoon tea consists of all your favourites from the classic afternoon tea such as homemade roast spiced beef sandwiches, cucumber and dill cream cheese sandwiches, red velvet cupcakes and delicate pistachio macaroons.
The Westin Dublin’s takeaway afternoon tea is available at €20 per person and must be ordered up to 24 hours in advance.
For more information on this convenient and luxurious treat, please visit www.theatriumlounge.ie or www.facebook.com/thewestindublin.