Gardaí in Dublin have seized €4 million worth of cannabis herb.
The drugs were retrieved from a truck travelling through Lucan.
The truck was stopped by uniform Gardaí at around 3pm yesterday on the N4.
Following a search of the truck cannabis herb with an estimated street value in excess of €4 million euro was discovered.
The driver of the truck, a male in his late 40s, was arrested at the scene
The truck has been seized for a technical examination.
Investigations are ongoing and we will bring you more on this story as we have it.
Coronation Street actress Brooke Vincent has spoken out after she was snapped smoking cannabis in Amsterdam.
The soap actress, who was spotted in February at the Bulldog cafe with friends smoking the joint, said she has nothing to apologise for.
"I was 21 and I went to Amsterdam with my friends. There are so many people doing things ten times worse than me but I got slammed for it,” she said.
"I was in a country where the law is different and lots of people do it. We also did cultural things, like visit Anne Frank’s house. But obviously none of that is mentioned,” she added.
In a previous interview, Brooke denied ever taking drugs, saying, "I’ve never ever taken them. They can put you in a situation that wrecks your life and the lives of those around you.
"I don’t get off my head, roll out of pubs or take drugs. I have a quick cig, that’s all."
SHEmazing! TV offers you your daily 90 Second Update rounding up the showbiz news!
Today’s highlights include:
- David Beckham reveals one of his biggest fears. You’ll never guess what he’s afraid of!
- Has Rob Kardashian gone one step too far? Things have gone from bad to worse for the Kardashian siblings.
- Simon Cowell has broken his silence on the One Direction cannabis video. Find out what Simon really thinks about the boys!
- There’s finally light at the end of the tunnel for Miley. The singer received some good news following the break in at her home on Friday.
- And find out who tried to grab Brad Pitt’s crotch!
Watch the video for the full report.