These lamb koftas would be perfect for a summer BBQ served with some pitas and tzatziki.
What you’ll need:
- 120g lamb mince
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove. finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Juice of half a lime
What you’ll need to do:
- Place all of the ingredients into a bowl and combine. This is easiest with your hands but if you are squeamish you can always wear some plastic gloves!
- If using, place the wooden skewers into a bowl of cold water for about 15-20 mins. This will ensure they won’t burn or split.
- Add the meat around the skewer evenly.
- If grilling, place under the grill until the meat is cooked through.
- If barbecuing, place on the barbecue until the meat is cooked through.
- Serve with pita, salad and tzatziki.
Every cook needs these tools in her kitchen!
For those green smoothies, soups and tasty sauces, a blender will make your life so much easier!
2. Non-Stick pan
The more non-stick your pan, the less oil you need to use, the healthier you dish.
3. Julienne peeler
You can use a julienne peeler to create “pasta” from courgettes and other veg. Magic!
4. Food processor
These can be used for next to anything; breadcrumbs, nuts, fruits etc.
Use a steamer to cook veg with all of the nutrients and vitamins intact.
You might love dipping your Oreos into a cold glass of milk but once you make these we think they will be your new favourite way of eating Oreos!
This recipe is so, so easy and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients.
They would make a fantastic and impressive party centrepiece.
What you’ll need:
- 19 Oreo biscuits
- 500g soft cream cheese
- 90g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
What you’ll need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners.
- Place 1 Oreo biscuit flat at the bottom of each liner, 12 Oreos in total.
- Crush the remaining Oreos and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla essence.
- Beat in the eggs one by one, combining well. Stir in the crushed Oreos.
- Divide the mixture between the cupcake liners evenly.
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 mins until the middle is set and slightly firm to the touch.
- Put in the fridge when cooled and chill for about an hour or so.
These handy tips will make your time in the kitchen a breeze!
1. To freshen up wilted veg add it to some ice cold water. It will revive it in no time!
2. Mix up your spices. Instead of adding vanilla and cinnamon to everything, why not experiment with other sweet spices such as ginger or nutmeg?
3. If your butter is colder than it needs to be and you don’t have time to wait, grate it!
4. Always add some carmelization to your red meat when browning. It adds a depth of flavour when the dish is finished.
5. To avoid a soggy bottom on your tarts, pies and quiches ALWAYS blind bake first. This will help your pastry stay firm and crisp no matter the filling.
Sometimes you just have to stay in on date night. The reasons could be financial, maybe the weather is terrible or maybe you don’t want to leave the comfort of your own home.
That doesn’t mean you can’t have fun with your date though!
There is only one rule to this being a success and that is: strictly no phones or laptops allowed. This will ensure you give each other your full attention and the night will be more memorable.
1. Have a movie night
Fresh popcorn, lots of sweets and a bunch of movies (one choice each).
2. Cook a meal
It’s no secret that food is sensual and that it is the way to many people’s heart so plan a fancy meal together, it doesn’t have to be expensive; there are plenty of economically savvy meals out there.
3. Listen to music
Take turns showing each other your favourite songs, cute! Just make sure you keep it kinda cool – Justin Bieber isn’t going to do you any favours.
4. Play cards
Play a game of Spit for the ultimate relationship game changer. If you lose and pound him in the face and he leaves, at least you know it could never have worked. You need to find someone who understands your passion for Spit (the game).
Other less dangerous card games for two include Gin Rummy or Shithead.
5. Make a ridiculously extravagant cake
Picking it out will be the most fun! We’re talking about a double-chocolate, triple-oreo, buttery, gooey type of cake here. Think ‘what would Nigella make’.