These handy tips will make your time in the kitchen a breeze!
1. To freshen up wilted veg add it to some ice cold water. It will revive it in no time!
2. Mix up your spices. Instead of adding vanilla and cinnamon to everything, why not experiment with other sweet spices such as ginger or nutmeg?
3. If your butter is colder than it needs to be and you don’t have time to wait, grate it!
4. Always add some carmelization to your red meat when browning. It adds a depth of flavour when the dish is finished.
5. To avoid a soggy bottom on your tarts, pies and quiches ALWAYS blind bake first. This will help your pastry stay firm and crisp no matter the filling.