There's nothing better than having a night in with friends at the weekend, and what better food to serve than tacos?!
Here we have two great chicken taco recipes to set you up for a perfect dinner party!
Super Speedy Chicken Tacos
- 3 cups coleslaw
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 can black beans
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 chicken
- 8 small taco shells
1. In a large bowl, toss the slaw with carrots, cilantro, and 3/4 cup of salsa; set aside.
2. In a saucepan, combine beans, corn, cumin and a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat on medium for 3 to 5 minutes. Gently stir in chicken.
3. While mean mixture heats, get the taco shells ready. Serve chicken mixture in the shells, topped with the slaw mixture. Serve the remaining slaw and salsa on the side.
Tex-Mex Chicken Tacos with Chili Onion Rings
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup garlic/lime marinade
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 can corn
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup french fried onion rings
- 8 taco shells
- shredded romaine lettuce
1. In a medium bowl, toss chicken with marinade, 1/2 tsp of chili powder, salt and pepper.
2. In another bowl, mix the corn, salsa, onion, lime juice, tossing to combine.
3. Turn on grill to a medium heat. Cook chicken 4 minutes per side until cooked through. Remove from grill.
4. Meanwhile, in a pan over a medium heat, toss onion rings with the remaining chili powder.
5. Cut chicken into small pieces and fill taco shells. Top each with 2 tbsp of corn mixture and onion rings. Garnish with lettuce.