HomeTagsPosts tagged with "claims"

claims

Infamous R&B star R Kelly has left the Chicago jail where he was being held after posting his $100,000 bail, according to a Cook County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman.

The singer has been plagued by allegations of sexual assault, rape, child abuse, child pornography and aggravated criminal sexual abuse for decades.

Yesterday, the 52-year-old pleaded not guilty to 10 charges against four women, three of whom were minors at the time of alleged assault. He did not speak to media as he was escorted from jail by his lawyer.

The Ignition singer turned himself in to police on Friday and spent the weekend in a jail cell after denying all allegations against him over the last 30 years.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by BlogionistaTv (@_blogionistatv) on

He has faced claims of sexual abuse for a long time, even appearing on trial in 2008 for child pornography charges but was acquitted. 

Cook County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Sophia Ansari confirmed on Monday night that R Kelly had raised the $100,000 bail, which was 10 percent of the $1 million bond set by a judge.

It is suspected that he struggled to raise the $100,000 necessary, and that a female "friend" had to assist him.

His court appearance and plea has arrived only weeks after Surviving R Kelly aired on Lifetime; an explosive documentary series about the allegations of continuous assault from dozens of women, including his former wife.

He is currently being tried for sexual assaults which apparently happened from 1998 onwards. He met one of the four women on her 16th birthday at a restaurant, and another 16-year-old when she asked for his autograph.

Robert Sylvester Kelly was ordered by the court to hand in his passport, and to have zero contact with anyone under the age of 18. He is scheduled to appear in court on March 22.

The well known high-profile women's rights attorney Gloria Allred claimed in a news conference yesterday that she is now representing over six women who allege that the singer abused them.

Feature image: Instagram/@swit9jablog

Trending

Two more women have come forward to accuse R&B singer R Kelly of sexual misconduct, dating back to when they were 15 and 16 years old.

The latest allegations are the newest in a string of claims against the singer going back three decades, spanning child pornography to sexual, emotional and physical abuse and holding women captive in a sex cult.

The duo spoke out against the notorious artist at a press conference with infamous women's rights lawyer Gloria Allred yesterday.

Both women allege that the sexual misconduct happened in 1995 after they attended an R Kelly and LL Cool J concert in Baltimore, Maryland.

One of the ladies said she was just 16 years old and living in the city when her and a 15-year-old friend, the other alleged victim, attended the concert.

They went to an after-party at a nightclub, and Kelly pointed to the two girls and asked his staff to put them onstage. They were also offered drugs and alcohol at the party, they claim.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by (@935wichita) on

The woman said Kelly asked the two girls to meet him in his hotel suite, and that he entered the room wearing jeans and a white t-shirt, with his penis “out and over the top of his pants”.

Apparently, Kelly asked both girls to dance and he ended up lying on the bed with them, telling them they could be in his next music video.

Next, the singer began touching the young woman's breast and genitals, and asked the pair to engage in a threesome. Her friend said no and went to the bathroom.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by The Drama Club (@dramaclubpod) on

The woman said Kelly requested oral sex from her, which she did, and then he had sexual intercourse with her.

She had been under the influence of alcohol and marijuana that had been given to her at the after-party, and alleges she “did not have the capacity to consent”.

In Maryland, the age of consent is 16. The two women never saw R Kelly again.

Despite the huge range of allegations against the singer, his lawyer Steve Greenberg denied all accusations against Kelly, saying he has never knowingly had sexual relations with underage women.

Feature image: @dramaclubpod/Instagram

Trending

The trailer for the new Michael Jackson documentary, Leaving Neverland: Michael Jackson and Me, has been released and it's more than a little uncomfortable to watch.

Scenes of allegations of sexual abuse against children emerge, detailing interviews with two men; Wade Robson and James Safechuck, who claim to have been sexually assaulted by the King of Pop as kids.

Leaving Neverland will air on Channel 4 from March 6, and is an exhausting four hours long series of footage and testimony. 

In the trailer, which is 40 seconds long,  Wade says of Michael Jackson;

"He said, “Do you and the family want to come to Neverland?” ‘He was one of the kindest people I knew and he also sexually abused me. I was seven-years-old."

Wade Robson was seven-years-old at the time, and James Safechuck was 10. Both detail abuse at the hands of Michael Jackson at his Neverland Ranch.

“It’s undeniably a kind of true-life horror movie,” Variety’s review of the documentary read. “You walk out of it shaken, but on some level liberated by its dark exposé… Devastating.” 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by Michael Jackson (@michaeljackson) on

The Hollywood Reporter wrote that the programme is; “Complicated and heartbreaking. It’s doubtful you’ll feel exactly the same after watching.”

“The sheer variety and volume of horrifying disclosures made here… make Leaving Neverland both riveting and grueling, impossible to turn away from and the definition of a tough sit.”The Los Angeles Times wrote.

The first trailer was released this morning ahead of its launch on HBO in the US and Channel 4 in the UK on March 6, and the documentary premiered at the Sundance Film Festival.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by Premiers on HBO in March (@leavingneverlandofficial) on

The interviews with the now adult Robson and Safechuck and their mothers as they try to process their trauma are incredibly powerful. Robson’s mother especially struggles to deal with just how complicit she was in the alleged abuse.

“Secrets will eat you up, you feel so alone,” Safechuck says at one point.

“Jackson told me, if they ever found out what they were doing he and I would go to jail for the rest of our lives,” Robson says. “I want to be able to speak the truth as loud as I had to speak the lie for so long.” 

The Dan Reed-directed two part docu-series has been plagued with controversy since January, when it debuted at the Sundance Film Festival. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by Premiers on HBO in March (@leavingneverlandofficial) on

The Jackson estate has slammed the documentary, disavowing the claims;

 “This is yet another lurid production in an outrageous and pathetic attempt to exploit and cash in on Michael Jackson,” a statement from the estate read.

“This so-called ‘documentary’ is just another rehash of dated and discredited allegations. It’s baffling why any credible filmmaker would involve himself with this project.”

Jackson’s brother Jermaine added: “Just leave us alone, leave him alone, let him rest, please. He deserves to rest.” 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by (@adoremichaell) on

The filmmakers of Leaving Neverland have responded to the criticism of their work by stressing how vital it is to listen to survivors of abuse;

In a statement, director Dan Reed said: “If there’s anything we’ve learned during this time in our history, it’s that sexual abuse is complicated, and survivors’ voices need to be listened to. It took great courage for these two men to tell their stories and I have no question about their validity."

"I believe anyone who watches this film will see and feel the emotional toll on the men and their families and will appreciate the strength it takes to confront long-held secrets.”

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by (@talunzeitoun) on

Speaking to Variety, Dan Reed added that the documentary is not about Jackson;. “This is not a movie about Michael Jackson abusing little boys,” Reed said.

“It’s a movie about two families and how two families came to terms with what their sons revealed to them many years after Jackson died.”

Jackson had always vehemently denied any allegations of abuse. Legal proceedings were brought against him in 2005, but Jackson was acquitted on all counts of child molestation, child intoxication and conspiracy to kidnap a child.

Feature image: rttnews.com

Trending

Kevin Spacey has claimed that the 18-year-old man which accused him of groping told Spacey he was older and welcomed flirting.

The notorious Hollywood actor pleaded NOT guilty to sexually assaulting the young man in 2016.

The plea was entered on the actor's behalf, which happens automatically under Massachusetts law.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by Kevin Spacey (@kevinspacey) on

The incident happened in Nantucket, and Spacey has been ordered to have zero contact with his accuser following the sexual assault charges.

The Daily Mail are reporting that the former House of Cards actor claims the teenager; "said he was a 23-year-old student studying business at Wake Forest University."

He also maintains the young restaurant worker "sought out a friend for the specific purpose of introducing him" to Spacey.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by Kevin Spacey (@kevinspacey) on

In court yesterday, (Spacey also was caught speeding before appearing) the motion claims the teen "welcomed drinks" from the famous actor and allowed him to; "put his arm around around him near the piano while they did sing-a-longs and even left the bar to smoke."

It's alleged that the young man gave his phone number to Spacey, which the motion states suggested "mutual and consensual flirting".

Spacey doesn't actually deny groping the teen, but it does state that the teenager "did not object to the alleged touching, he did not ask Spacey to stop and he did not remove himself from the situation".

The young woman who was in contact with the accuser was never told about the alleged assault, it is purported.

A number of accusations have emerged about the veteran movie star, such as Anthony Rapp's explosive claims;

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by Kevin Spacey (@kevinspacey) on

CNN reported yesterday that Spacey gave a nod of acknowledgement following the judge's order for him to refrain from contacting his accuser.

A spokeman lawyer said: "The commonwealth is requesting that Mr Spacey be ordered to stay away and no contact with the named victim and his family."

Judge Thomas Barrett said; "Certainly the court will impose those conditions."

The 59-year-old actor was seen arriving at court surrounded by paparazzi, less than a five-minute walk from the place where the alleged assault took place; Club Car lounge.

Spacey was silent on the claim and refused to comment as he left the courtroom and headed to his car. The next hearing date is March 4, but the actor is not obliged to attend.

Feature image: Page Six

Trending

Pussycat Dolls founder, Robin Antin has denied claims made by former member, Kaya Jones, that the band was a 'prostitute ring'. 

It comes after Kaya recently posted a series of tweets in which she said the girls had to "sleep with whoever they say."

The claims come amid a ripple in the entertainment industry as women continue to come forward with allegations against the famed film producer, Harvey Weinstein.

Many fans have thanked the star for speaking about her experiences and praised her for being so brave, though the band's bosses were quick to dismiss the claims. 

According to The Blast, group founder, Robin Antin said Kaya was never an official member of the group and was "clearly looking for her 15 minutes." 

In the series of shocking tweets, Kaya went on to mention a 'den mother', before calling on them to tell the public "why another 1 of her girl group girls committed suicide?"

The rest of the group, fronted by Nicole Scherzinger, have yet to comment on the allegations, and it is unclear at this stage whether or not an investigation will commence. 

Trending
Well hello there!
Help us help you by allowing us and our partners to remember your device in cookies to serve you personalized content and ads.

We're on a mission to help our mums and their families thrive by informing, connecting and entertaining.

Join us in our mission by consenting to the use of cookies and IP address recognition by us and our partners to serve you content (including ads) best suited to your interests, both here and around the web.

We promise never to share any other information that may be deemed personal unless you explicitly tell us it's ok.

If you want more info, see our privacy policy.