If you're throwing a dinner party for vegetarians, look no further as we have some of the best dishes to serve!
From veggie pizza, to roasted winter salad and spicy vegetable chips, you're guest will be delighted with what's on the menu!
Deep Dish Veggie Supreme Pizza
- A pack of fresh pizza dough
- 1/2 cup of marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp. finely grated parmesan
- Half pack of shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 240*C
2. Spray your baking tray with with cooking spray. Press pizza dough onto bottom of tray, spread with marinara sauce, and top with mozzarella and parmesan.
3. In a large bowl, toss the mushrooms, zucchini, olive oil, and salt. Arrange over the cheese and top with the peppers.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is browned and bottom of crust is brown and crisp. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Roasted Winter Veggie Salad
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 large bunch of kale
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup salted almonds
1. Preheat oven to 220*C. Cut squash in half lengthways. With a spoon, scrape out seeds and membrane. Then thinly slice the squash.
2. In a large bowl, combine squash, red pepper, onion, cayenne, 2 tbsp. oil, and a pinch of salt. Arrange in a single layer on 2 large rimmed baking trays, leavng half of the tray empty. Roast for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in the same bowl, toss mushrooms with 2 tbsp. oil. Arrange in a single layer in the empty side of the tray. Roast vegetables together for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. In a very large bowl, whisk lemon juice, mustard, remaining oil, and a pinch of salt. Add kale, chickpeas and almonds, tossing until well coated. Add all roasted vegetables except squash in tossing bowl. To serve place squash on top of salad.
Nicely Spicy Vegetable Crisps
- 2 parsnips
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 raw beetroot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp mild chili powder
1. Preheat oven to 220*C. Using a potato peeler, slice the vegetables on the diagonal very thinly to create wafter-thin crisps. Spread out the vegetable slices on kitchen paper to draw out any excess moisture.
2. Place the parsnips and sweet potato slices into a bowl with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and the chili powder and toss to lightly coat, then spread them out onto the baking tray.
3. Roast all the vegetables in the centre of the preheated oven for 20 minutes, turning them halfway through cooking.
4. Remove the baking tray from the oven and spread out the vegetable crisps on paper towels to cool slightly before serving. Eat immediately to get the most out of the crispy veg!