We have news for anyone with smug ‘vegetarians’ in their lives

Well, this is just bad news for any of those questionable vegetarians in your life.

A survey from Voucher Codes Pro asked 1,789 vegetarians about their meat-hating habits and it revealed some interesting facts.

Close to one third per cent of vegetarians asked had admitted to eating meat when they’ve been drinking.

Of those questioned, 39 per cent admitted to snacking on a kebab when they were under the influence. What about the other 61 per cent you ask?

They are not entirely guilt-free either, 34 per cent have revealed they opted for a burger instead.

Interestingly, 27 per cent of vegetarians have confessed their love of bacon. Meanwhile, another 19 and 14 per cent confessed they love fried chicken and pork sausages.

“I think it’s important for friends of these ‘vegetarians’ to support them when drunk and urge them not to eat meat as I’m sure they regret it the next day,” said the website founder.

Strength in numbers, you guys!

However, one of the most interesting news to come from this survey was that vegetarians don’t always enjoy their mighty meaty splurges.

Almost 70 per cent of those surveyed revealed that they would never tell anyone when they fall of the veggie wagon the next day, even close friends, because they are so ashamed.

Well, meat-eaters and veggies alike may have that in common.