Chinese shops have apparently started selling underwear peaches as novelty gifts.
The peaches which are known as “When the honey peach Ripens” in Mandarin – were sold in preparation for China’s Valentine’s Day on August 2nd.
The images of the underwear have become such a viral hit, that the creator Mr. Yao has reportedly applied for a patent for the underwear peaches.
They may be popular but they’re not cheap, as a box of underwear peaches (nine peaches) costs $80. Hmmm, we think we’ll stick to a normal box of fruit, thanks.
The word ‘vegan’ is a dirty word for many foodies but a recipe free of animal products doesn’t have to be free of flavour too.
This recipe for vanilla poached peaches is the perfect, vegan dessert for a lazy, early spring Sunday.
What you’ll need
- 4 large, ripe peaches
- 425ml sweet white wine
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1 vanilla pod, split
What you’ll need to do
- Fill a large bowl with iced water.
- Place the peaches in another large bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover.
- Leave for 30 seconds, then remove the peaches with a spoon and plunge them into the cold water. The skins should peel away easily.
- Place the wine. agave and vanilla pod in a pan, gently heat until the agave has dissolved.
- Lower the peaches into the pan, cover and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes until tender. Using two wooden spoons, turn the fruit 3 or 4 times while cooking and regularly baste with the syrup.
- Remove the cooked peaches from the pan and set to one side in a large bowl.
- Boil the syrup until it has reduced by half. Spoon over the peaches, then set aside to cool. Serve the peaches and syrup at room temperature, warm or chilled.
Peaches got married to long-term love and father of her two beautiful sons, Tom Cohen, in 2012.
However, she still hasn’t gotten around to altering or removing her “Max” tattoo, a homage to her ex-husband Max Drummey located on her inner wrist.
The tattoo was visible as she showed off her stunning dress at last night’s NME Awards in London.
Peaches married Max in Las Vegas in 2008 but they separated the following year and finally divorced in 2011.
Perhaps Peaches sees all of her tattoos as a story of her life and doesn’t wish to have it removed. Or perhaps she just hasn’t done it yet!
Either way we’re not too sure we’d be too happy if our other half had another person’s name tattooed on them! Would you have an issue with it?