Sweet potatoes are just as easy to buy and easier even to prepare than regular potatoes. They are also healthier as they contain more vitamin C, more fibre and less calories.
Change up your regular dinner side dish and grab a sweet potato instead!
What you’ll need:
- 1-2 sweet potatoes
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
What you’ll need to do:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper or tin foil.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into wedge shapes, place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over the wedges and add the paprika and season well with salt and pepper.
- Use your hands to ensure all of the wedges are coated evenly in the oil and spice mixture, adding more of anything if you need to.
- Spread the wedges out onto the baking tray and place in the oven for 30mins, checking and turning every so often to ensure even cooking.
Cleaning your oven requires an awful lot of elbow grease and it is quite often a thankless job. However, the longer it sits the worse it gets.
Lucky for you, our top tips will have your oven so squeaky clean that you will be able to see your face in it.
Know your oven.
Yes, this requires effort but it’s better that damaging it beyond repair. Read through the manual you got with the appliance. If you’re lucky enough to have a self cleaning one you can run a self cleaning cycle. Yay.
Clean as you go.
For a continuous cleaning oven all you need is a damp cloth to wipe down the side. However, you will need to do a little more if you have an ordinary model. Always wipe down any spills with a damp cloth as soon as they happen as this will stop food building up. For really stubborn ones, take out your trusty oven cleaner and get scrubbing.
What products to use.
Avoid using abrasives or oven cleaners on self-cleaning models – stick to your damp cloth. However, for non cleaning ovens, you can pick up a cleaner in most supermarkets. Baking soda is also a great gentle abrasive that will lift grease and soak up oil.
No more excuses, ladies. Get on it now.