Cheap, quick to make, so delicious: what's not to like about pasta and noodles?
While we often just throw half a pack of pasta into boiling water, open a jar of ready-made sauce and hope for the best, there are ways to make your pasta dish extra tasty.
Try the recipes below to spice up your pasta and noodle game!
The mason jar is just about the coolest piece of Tupperware you can buy.
And yes we just used 'cool' and 'Tupperware' in the same sentence!
But it's true, the culinary advantages of this glass jar are brilliant. Heavy duty seals mean that perishables will wilt less slowly, as well as keeping your food in tact from morning to lunch.
And we obviously can't go without mentioning the photographic qualities of a mason meal. They're practically Instagram-famous!
Not only getting you the most likes on IG, these jars will keep your wet and dry ingredients separate and keep everything as fresh as when you first assembled it. All you have to do is throw all your ingredients in and your good to go!
Courgette Pasta Salad
You'll need a spirializer to make this amazing courgetti but it will be so worth it.
Stay in bed that little bit longer by prepping your breakfast in advance. They will keep fresh all week!
- Chia seeds
- Fruit of your choice
Wrap Free Burrito Bowl
Who thought something as indulgent as a burrito could become healthy?
- Sweet potatoes
- Yoghurt / sour cream
Instant Noodle Soup
Outshining the Pot Noodle by miles, all you have to do is add hot water in work for a delicious, healthy noodle dish.
- Rice noodles
- Dried mushrooms
- Soy sauce
- Lime juice
- Stock cube (chicken or vegetable)
- Ginger and garlic
- Shredded vegetable of your choice
And for cheat day, this creamy, chocolate mud pie is perfect when made in a mason jar.
- Oreo cookies
- Ice cream
This soup is great for those nights you just can’t face a big heavy meal. The gentle Thai spices mesh wonderfully with the coconut milk, so this will soon become a firm favourite.
What you need:
- 1 x 400g light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp red curry paste (green can also be used here)
- 1/4 pack of rice noodles
- 1 carrot, julienne
- 1/2 small head of broccoli
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
What you do:
- Heat a tbsp of coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat and add the curry paste.
- When the paste is warmed slightly, add the coconut milk and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add the veg and cook to soften, with the lid on. If it reduces too much just add in a little veg stock.
- Squeeze in the lime juice.
- Cook the noodles to the instruction on the packet and add to the soup.
- Garnish with the chilli and peanuts, if using.
Top tip: Why not add some cooked prawns to your laksa?