Look, we’re not used to it ok? Cut us some slack and understand that when the sun comes out, we will lose our minds. Here are some things Irish people are known to do in those odd moments of sunshine:
1. Say things like “I’m going to get a great colour”
Yes, two choices: burgundy or scarlet. Which one are you?
5. Chase the ice-cream man whose prices have risen with every degree
Remember when a 99 cone used to cost 99c and not €2? Them were the days…
6. Guys wearing their GAA shorts as swimming trunks
Yes, they do go see-through.
7. Complain about the heat constantly
Jesus though, it’s too warm isn’t it? Heh?
9. Huff and puff loudly every 5-6 minutes and repeat the words: “it’s soooo hot” over and over
It’s not even 20 degrees…
10. Ice-cream suddenly becoming a staple part of your diet
Suddenly eating four ice-creams a day becomes a totally okay thing to do.
13. Build a potentially lethal water slide out of materials you found out back
14. Spend a week looking like this
Ah, there really is nothing like the Irish summer is there? Thank God it’s only one week a year!