Everybody tells themselves at least one little white lie before setting off on their travels and before you deny it, have a read of the top six travels lies we all tell ourselves:
1. You won’t go on Twitter or Facebook while you’re away
Ha, yeah right! You’ll be checking yourself in to every cocktail bar you hit.
2. You will blend in with the locals
No matter how hard you try to blend in, your pale skin and Irish accent will give you away in no time at all.
3. You’ll learn the language while you are there
Again, we laugh. Unless you are going there to study or for at least a year, this is just wishful thinking.
4. You will text your mum as soon as you land
Unless you hit a bar first…
5. You’ll buy everyone at home a really thoughtful souvenir
No, a rock candy does not count as thoughtful.
6. You won’t waste the morning in bed
Well, this really depends on what you got up to the night before.
Admit it, you tell yourself at least one of these…