Yesterday, North Korea's foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho claimed that the USA had declared war on the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
'Since the United States declared war on our country, we will have every right to make all self-defensive counter measures, including the right to shoot down the United States strategic bombers at any time even when they are not yet inside the aerospace border of our country' he said at a New York press conference.
Kim Jong Un of North Korea, who is obviously a madman who doesn't mind starving or killing his people, will be tested like never before!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 22, 2017
The USA have responded to these statements this morning.
'We've not declared war on North Korea,' White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders told RTÉ
'Frankly, the suggestion of that is absurd.'
A pentagon spokesperson said that the US military 'will take all options to make sure that we safeguard our allies and our partners and our homeland so if North Korea does not stop their provocative actions we'll make sure we provide options to the President to deal with North Korea," according to CNN.
Speaking at a UN General Assembly last week, POTUS Donald Trump said: 'We will have no choice than to totally destroy North Korea.'