There's notions – and then there's notions that we're actually rather fond of.
Case in point being the launch of SWEET potato fries at Abrakebabra – a menu addition that here in SHEmazing! Towers we are actually ALL sorts of excited about.
Of course, the eatery has long been a fail-safe soakage option at the end of a long night out: taco fries, quarter pounder, and a meat feast kebab ftw, after all.
However, lately the much-loved establishment has been getting seriously fancy… a move which has only made us love it even more.
Step forward the likes of crunchy falafel kebabs, chicken club burgers – and now sweet potato fries, which – as everyone knows – are totally healthy and therefore not something to feel remotely guilty about scoffing large quantities of.
The Irish-owned Abrakebabra also says Naomi Campbell, Colin Farrell, Jimmy Carr and Cheryl Cole are among its mega-fans, and frankly we're very much hoping to see Chezza tuck into a large bowl of sweet potato fries very soon.
Move over Twisty Fries… there's a new addition to the McDonald's menu and we already know it's going to be a favourite.
The fast food giant has confirmed it is testing sweet potato fries in a number of its outlets, with the hope of making them a mainstream menu option.
Just look at them there, all golden and crunchy:
Currently the new fries are only on offer in certain McDonald's Create Your Taste restaurants in Texas, but given the widespread appeal of sweet potato chips, we can't see why they wouldn't roll them out across the globe soon enough.
A couple of months back the chain revealed a new 'gourmet breakfast' menu in Australian branches, offering sourdough bread, wilted spinach and smashed avocado alongside your bog-standard Egg McMuffin.
Other gourmet brekkie options included avocado toast with feta cheese and waffles with berries and cream.
The chain has been trying to introduce a more health-conscious ethos for years now, and if sweet potato fries are the next step in that project, well… go for it, we say.
Sweet potato fries are not only healthy but can be great source of nutrients too. Here is an easy recipe, which will enable you to have this side order, in no time.
What you’ll need:
> 3 large sweet potatoes
> 60 ml olive oil
> 1-2 tbsp sugar
> 1 tbsp salt
What you’ll need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 230°C.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut off the ends. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and then, in half crosswise. Cut each piece into wedges.
- Put the sweet potatoes into a large bowl and add the oil. Then with your hands mix the sweet potatoes with all of salt and sugar.
- Spread the sweet potatoes out in a single layer on top of a baking sheet. Make sure each slice is evenly coated in the olive oil mixture.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. After the first 15 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven and turn over all of the sweet potato slices. After you have turned them over return them to the over and let them bake for another 15 minutes until they are well browned.
- Make sure the fries have cooled for five minutes before serving.