As children, we absolutely devoured the Babysitter Club series.
We wanted to look like Stacey, have Claudia’s flair for art and go on dates with Mary-Anne’s boyfriend, Logan.
And with dozens upon dozens in the collection, we spent years poring over the gals’ adventures in Stoneybrook, but with the passing of time and the removal of our rose-tinted glasses, we have a few questions about the whole damn shebang.
And they go as follows…
1. Why was no one ever babysitting between 5.30 and 6 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays when the meetings were held?
2. Why were 11-year-olds left in charge of babies?
Mallory and Jessi, we’re looking at you.
3. And why were 13-year-olds left in charge of babies?
Stoneybrook Parents Association should take a good hard look at itself.
4. Why was Claudia given a private phone line when she couldn’t even keep her grades up?
5. Why did they spend so much money on KidKits?
No one was making any profit with the amount of ‘dues’ owed at the Monday meeting.
6. Why did Ann M. Martin have to reintroduce the characters at the start of every single book?
If you didn't know who they were, it was up to you to go back to 'Kristy's Great Idea' and find out.
7. Why was Kristy a bit of a bully?
Think about it; that girl ruled with an iron hand.
8. Why are a bunch of fictional girls from a fictional town still occupying space in our heads?
We're not quite sure, but the obsession remains…