Can it really be the end for Louis?

Uh-oh: after months of rumour, it's being reported that Louis Walsh has officially been axed from The X Factor.

The pop-music manager has been a judge on the show for an incredible 11 years – but it seems that Simon Cowell has now wielded the axe, telling Louis in person that there's no room for him in this year's line-up.

A source told today's Sun On Sunday: "They are close friends so Simon wanted to do this the right way."

With falling viewing figures and critics calling the show past its prime, Mr Cowell is under pressure to seriously shake up the format for 2015.

A second source added in The Sun that audiences had become "sick of Louis's constant use of tired cliches and the same old jokes".

Mel B's contract will also not be renewed, but Cheryl Fernandez Versini has already signed a multi-million euro deal to return.

Still, it is unlikely that Louis, 62, was shocked by the recent revelation. Last month he told Lucy Kennedy and Martin King on TV3's The Seven O'Clock show: "I’m done with X Factor, honestly.

"I've done 11 seasons and that's a long time in television – I don't think I'll be going back."

Louis is currently managing Hometown. The six-piece boyband has enjoyed two No.1 hits in the Irish charts.

Louis is currently managing Hometown

 

Trending
Well hello there!
Help us help you by allowing us and our partners to remember your device in cookies to serve you personalized content and ads.

We're on a mission to help our mums and their families thrive by informing, connecting and entertaining.

Join us in our mission by consenting to the use of cookies and IP address recognition by us and our partners to serve you content (including ads) best suited to your interests, both here and around the web.

We promise never to share any other information that may be deemed personal unless you explicitly tell us it's ok.

If you want more info, see our privacy policy.