Having a bath can be the most relaxing part of many people’s day. What could be nicer in this cold, wet and windy weather than a long, warm soak?
Create your perfect bath-time experience with the following tips and feel yourself unwind.
- Decide what type of bath you want; bubbles, detox or fragrant?
- A detox bath is easily created with Epsom salts, apple cider vinegar, baking soda and some fresh grated ginger.
- Use essential oils to create the perfect aroma for your bath. Choose oils with calming effects such as sandalwood, patchouli, lavender, bergamot or mandarin.
- Lighting is an important aspect of your bath time because bright lights will make it hard to relax so make sure the lighting is dim and use lots of candles.
- Put on a face mask to rejuvenate your skin.
- Put on some slow-paced music on low volume.
- Grab your favourite book (just don’t drop it) and maybe leave the Kindle in the bedroom.
- Use your spare time in the bath, when not reading and unwinding, to exfoliate your skin with a glove or scrub.