Foundation is the key to a great complexion and flawless looking skin…and most of us are getting it wrong..
Follow our 10 Commandments of Foundation and you’ll always be ready for your close-up.
- Make sure your skin is cleansed and exfoliated.
- Only use foundations that complement your skin. Oil-free for oily skin, hydrating formulas for dry skin and hypoallergenic for those who are sensitive.
- Check shades on your jawline not on your hand. Double-check in natural light before making your decision.
- Don’t stick to the usual. As the seasons change so too should your foundation.
- Smooth your face with primer. A lavender-based one will brighten dull skin while a green-based one will cover up redness.
- Use concealer to hide any imperfections but make sure you blend properly.
- Lightly pat the foundation onto your face. Don’t forget to blend around your ears.
- Learn the art of contouring. You can define your face by creating shadows with an angled powder brush.
- Bronzer can give you a healthy glow. Sweep small amounts wherever the sun would naturally touch.
- Don’t forget your highlighter. This will add instant soft lighting where needed.