This gluten-free chocolate cake is rich and dense and you only really need a small slice that’s of course, if you can resist!
What you’ll need:
- 400g good-quality dark chocolate
- 320g light brown sugar
- 260g butter
- 5 large eggs, separated
- Espresso shot (optional)
What you’ll need to do:
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl set over a saucepan of previously boiled simmering water.
- Allow the mixture to cool and stir in the sugar and egg yolks, stirring swiftly so the yolks don’t set. Add the coffee at this stage if using.
- Fold in the egg whites slowly until they are fully incorporated.
- Pour into cake pan and bake for about an hour until the outside is set and cracked in the middle.
- Unfortunately, this cake is too dense for a wooden skewer test. The cake should look firm but with a very slight jiggle.