This salad would make the perfect light dinner for those of us who prefer bigger meals for lunch.
The sweetness of the roasted veg goes perfectly with the saltiness of the feta cheese.
What you’ll need:
- 2 beetroot
- 1 small butternut squash
- 1 red onion
- 1 parsnip
- 1 carrot
- 2 handfuls of watercress or rocket
- 100g feta cheese
What you’ll need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180.
- Chop all of the veg into bite-size pieces. Coat lightly in olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the veg (squash, carrot, onion, parsnip and beetroot) into a roasting tin and put into the oven.
- Roast the veg for about 30-35mins or until softened. Reserve any juices or oils that are left in the tin.
- Arrange the leaves onto two plates and add the warm veg. Crumble the feta over the top.
- In a small bowl, mix the reserved juices with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Pour over the salads and enjoy!