These scones go so well with a cup of afternoon tea or coffee and you can curb that sugar craving with a little bit of jam, yum!
What you’ll need:
- 500g plain white flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 120g butter
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 250ml buttermilk
- Pinch of salt
- 1tsp baking powder
What you’ll need to do:
- Preheat oven to 250°C.
- In a large bowl sieve the flour, salt and baking powder. Rub in the butter until a crumb-like texture is achieved.
- Beat the eggs with the buttermilk and add the sugar.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour and mix until a dough is formed.
- Add more buttermilk if the mixture seems dry.
- Put the dough onto a floured work surface and using a scone cutter make out your scones.
- Glaze each scone with a little beaten egg and sprinkle of sugar.
- Place on a floured baking tray and put into the oven for 15mins or until golden.
- Serve with butter and jam.