Frittatas are great for when you have eggs and a lot of veg that may go off soon.
You can put almost anything you want in your frittata. Got some leftover ham? Throw that in. Rice from lunch? That can go in too! The list is endless.
What you’ll need:
- 6 eggs
- 150-200 ml milk
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Range of vegetables: peas, broccoli, kale, spinach, leeks, green beans, mushrooms, peppers etc.
- Meat: cooked ham, chicken, turkey, pastrami, salami etc. (optional)
- Fresh herbs: parsley, basil, coriander etc.
- Cheese: cheddar, feta, goat’s cheese etc.
What you’ll need to do:
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the milk and season well.
- Add the veg, meat and herbs you are using.
- Heat some oil in a heavy base frying pan and add the onion and garlic until they soften.
- Pour in the mixture and cook until the bottom has turned a golden brown and the egg on top has mostly set.
- Place under the grill and when it is just about golden and bubbling, sprinke the cheese and place back under the grill until it is set.
- Serve with some fresh green salad.