We Irish love our garlic cheese chips!
Here is a homemade version of the take-away favourite. Yum!
What you’ll need:
- 2 large potatoes
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 handful of chives (optional)
- 3-4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 handfuls of grated full mature cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
What you’ll need to do:
- The first thing to do is make the chips! Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the potatoes into chip shapes and place in a pan of cold water.
- Bring the water to the boil and then drain the chips out.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season, spread out onto the baking tray. Bake for 20-30 mins or until golden brown and soft in the middle.
- Grate the garlic cloves and stir into the mayonnaise with the parsley and lemon juice.
- Top the chips with the mayo, sprinkle the cheese over the chips and enjoy!