Sometimes, the products you’ve been using for years are the best ones. Vaseline, for example, may not look pretty, but that greasy goop has some fantastic beauty benefits. Here are 10 ways Vaseline can be used in your beauty regime:
- Rumour has it that if you put Vaseline on your eyelashes at night they will grow faster. We don’t know how true this is, but it’s worth a try!
- Mix it with some food colouring for some pretty lip balm!
- Put it on your feet at night and cover them with socks to wake up with lovely soft feet!
- It can be used to clear up breakouts, as it stops bacteria getting in. It doesn’t actually clog pores like you’d think!
- Put it on your teeth before your lipstick so your lips don’t stick to your teeth – great for when you’re nervous!
- Use it to remove your eye make-up – it’s brilliant!
- Keep your eyebrows in place with a small bit of Vaseline.
- Use a tiny bit on the ends of your hair to hide dry, split ends.
- Put Vaseline on your elbows every day to keep them moisturised.
- Apply a bit to your cheeks to give you that youthful, dewy look.
Beer is apparenty not just for drinking!
Here are some handy ways to use up beer you might have lying around after a party.
1. Make your pots gleam
Polish you copper pots with a little beer to bring up a fantastic shine.
2. Tenderising meat
Cheaper cuts of meat can be transformed into succulent pieces of heaven by simply adding beer to your stew.
3. Polishing your jewellery
Using the same principle as the pots, beer will make your silver and gold shiny and new-looking.
4. Bring up a shine in your hair
Soak your hair in beer for a few minutes to make it shiny and healthy looking.
5. Catch house and garden pests
Bury some beer-filled jars in the garden to attract slugs. In the house, place a bowl in the kitchen to attract mice (we’re sorry). Place a little ramp up to the bowl, the mouse will run up, drink the beer and be so full he can’t get out. You can then bring him outside. See, you don’t need to clean up mouse guts off the floor after all!
Coconut oil is an all-round product. It can do lots of things and can actually replace many products that you use in one quick purchase. Try it out and see what you think!
Use coconut oil as a post-shower moisturiser or use it to soften feet, hands, elbows, knees, everywhere!
2. As a hair mask
If your hair is dry and brittle and your purse virtually empty, use coconut oil as a hair mask. Put it in at night, wrap your hair in a scarf to protect your pillows and wash it out in the morning. You may need to shampoo twice to get it out properly, but your hair will be super soft and shiny afterwards.
3. Hair removal
Replace your regular shaving foam with coconut oil for silky skin and a smooth finish.