HomeTagsPosts tagged with "house fire"

house fire

A fire which broke out in a house in Co Meath claimed the life of one man earlier today.

Emergency services rushed to the scene of blaze which broke out in a house in Archdeaconry Glebe in Kells at approximately 08.15.

According to The Irish Times, two men and a woman were rushed to Our Lady's Hospital in Navan, where one of the men was later pronounced dead.

The other individuals received medical attention, but aren't believed to have sustained serious injuries.

It is understood that children were also in the house at the time, but were uninjured.

The scene of the fire has been sealed off for examination, but initial inspection points to an accidental cause.



It's something you've probably done yourself without thinking, but it can have real and very serious consequences,

New photos released by the Dublin Fire Brigade this morning show just how dangerous it is to leave charging devices unattended, especially on duvets or under pillows.

The photos, which show an apartment bedroom in the Islandbridge Dublin 8 area, were taken after a charger left on the bed overheated and caused a fire.

"A fire in Islandbridge last night caused by a charging device on a duvet. Be safe, bed+gadgets don't mix," staff of the DFB captioned the photo.

Visible on the mattress is a charred hairdryer and what looks like the remains of a mobile phone.

The DFB often turns to social media to warn users of possible causes of house fires. Shortly before Christmas, staff released these photos, of a room destroyed by a Christmas tree fire:

Stay safe, ladies.