To celebrate Rosé Wine Day, taking place on Saturday, June 11th, 2022, Lidl Ireland has created a selection of refreshing cocktails to honour this glorious summertime wine. Whether you're enjoying a drink with friends alfresco or hosting a summer BBQ, these revitalizing cocktails will definitely impress your guests and add a flavour of summer to the occasion. Using a combination of Lidl’s Rosés and Wild Burrow Irish Gin choose between “Berry Rosé Sangria” or the “Pink Fizz”, the choice is yours.
Rosé is a popular drink of choice for the summer months, and throughout this summer, Lidl will have a wide variety of Rosé in stores nationwide with new and exciting lines added weekly as part of the promotional wine range.
Customers can expect to pick up an assortment of delicious premium Rosés from various locations in Lidl stores this summer such as Italy [Pinot Grigio d. Venezie Rosé € 7.10], [Prosecco Spumante Rosé Millesima €11.99], California [Zinfandel Rosé €6.29], and France [IGP Pinot Noir Rosé €7.49].
To make these refreshing and colourful Rosé cocktails, follow the simple steps below to recreate these tasty summertime recipes.
Berry Rosé Sangria
- 550ml Rosé suggested [Pinot Grigio d. Venezie Rosé] or [Prosecco Spumante Rosé Millesima]
- 150ml Wild Burrow Irish Gin
- 100ml Lemon juice
- 40ml Simple syrup (Sugar & Water)
- 2 punnets of Mixed Berries
- Lemon / Lime / Mixed Berry to garnish
- Make your simple syrup by combining (1:1 ratio, e.g.1 part sugar to 1 part hot water).
- Let it cool.
- Combine all ingredients – Gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, Rosé and mixed berries in a large jug.
- Chill for 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Add Ice to the jug.
- On serving have a bowl of fresh summer berries and slices of lemon and lime to garnish.
- 40ml Wild Burrow Irish Gin
- 10ml Sparkling Rosé [Prosecco Spumante Rosé Millesima]
- Handful of Strawberries / Mixed Berries
- 15ml Lemon/ Lime Juice
- 15ml Sugar Syrup (1:1 ratio water and sugar combined)
- 1 tablespoon Lavender Flowers, fresh or dried
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Make your lavender sugar syrup by combining lavender flowers, sugar and water (1:1 ratio, e.g.1 part sugar to 1 part water) in a small saucepan.
- Bring to the boil.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Use a strainer to remove the lavender flowers, pouring the syrup into a glass jar or other storage container. Add the teaspoon of vanilla extract, stir and refrigerate.
- Place 40ml of gin in the glass to your cocktail shaker with Ice
- Add 15ml of lemon/lime juice
- Add 15ml of lavender sugar syrup
- Shake to combine the ingredients
- Pour into along stemmed prosecco or wine glass
- Add a top of prosecco stirring lightly to combine, taking care to preserve the bubbles
- Garnish with a raspberry slice
Lidl Ireland’s ‘More for you This Summer’ range is available now in all 174 stores throughout Ireland. To keep up to date on the latest instore offers and promotions please visit www.lidl.ie