Trying to deal with tangled and knotted hair can be a nightmare. Instead of going through the dreaded process of brushing out every single knot in your hair, here are a few tips:
- Brush your hair before you jump into the shower so that you don’t cause unnecessary damage to your hair while it’s wet.
- Make sure you apply conditioner and use a wide-toothed comb to loosen up the tangles.
- Start from the bottom and work your way up with the comb.
- It’s easy to miss a few knots. Apply leave-in-conditioner and use your fingers to pinpoint the worse areas and slowly tease out the knots.
- If you have any stubborn knots, use warm olive oil and some more finger work to tackle it.
If you want to prevent waking up to knots, plait your hair before you go to bed. Some of the worse knots come from roughly tying the hair up.