Most of us have had our fair share of dodgy landlords, but wait until you read about this one.
People living in a house in Cabra, Dublin, have made public a list of rules that they must live by when in the house, and it's truly… ridiculous.
Rules, which come from a woman named Miss Firmo, include showering every single day, and having to pay a fine if you miss a day of cleaning. We honestly don't know how these poor tenants put up with it.
The list of twelve pages was published on Independent.ie, after a man, who wants to remain anonymous, wrote into the Irish Independent newspaper to complain about his living situation.
Each tenant has to pay €300 per month for a shared bedroom (four people in a room), and these are just SOME of the 108 rules:
- Ignore the house bell, do not stay in view when someone is at the door
- Do not knock on Miss Firmo's bedroom door, instead call on the phone
- If any reason cleaning is not done, the person will be fined €20 for task not done
- Observe the floor, breadcrumbs need to be mopped up
- After cleaning, put your clothes that you cleaned in in a plastic bag and put in the shed for washing
- It is not allowed to use butter or oil in the wok
- You are allowed to get visitors, but need to be given the full name and phone number of the person to Miss Firmo
- All visitors will be included in bills
- You are allowed to get a visit from your girlfriend/boyfriend if it is a relationship longer than a month. They also need to be introduced to Miss Firmo one month prior to visit
- Smile you are on TV! Be advised there are hiding cameras in the common areas
- Avoid speaking any other language than English
- Do not turn central heating on after 6pm in any season of the year
- You are forbidden to give anyone the Internet password
- It is not allowed to spill water or any liquid anywhere in the house
- Be very careful with food crumbs, it will kill the cat
Yep, and we're not even joking about the last one. That's rule number 108.