The temptation to grab something on the go for lunch when you're short of time is huge, which is why we love this recipe which saves time (and money)!
You can make the filling ahead and simply fill the wraps when you're ready to eat.
This would also make a great light dinner with some cous-cous or salad on the side.
This special O'Hellmann's recipe was created by Irish chef Kevin Dundon and it features in the new 'Dollop-A-Day' recipe book, filled with bespoke Irish recipes all featuring a ‘dollop’ of mayonnaise.
Chicken & Roast Pepper Wrap
- 4 chicken fillets, flattened/ butterflied
- 1 red chilli
- 40g fresh coriander leaves
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons of basil pesto
- 4 tbsp O’Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 200g white cheddar, grated
- 8-12 medium size flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4
- In a bowl, combine 50g of O’Hellmann’s, chilli and coriander. Add the chicken and coat with the flavoured mayonnaise. Cover with cling film and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the peppers into a baking tray. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle over olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until softened completely. Remove to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining mayonnaise and pesto.
- Heat the griddle pan to medium and remove the excess of mayonnaise from the chicken. Add some olive oil in the pan and cook the chicken for 4 – 5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Place on a board, slice the chicken into pieces and serve immediately with tortilla wraps, pesto mayonnaise, tomatoes, white cheddar and the roasted peppers.