Kale is one of the best foods you can eat, it’s higher in iron than beef and contains powerful antioxidants. It’s also no longer a challenge to find kale in Irish supermarkets, as can be the problem with some other superfoods.
These kale chips can be used in place of crisps to give you that crunchy, salty fix you need without casting your healthy regime aside altogether.
What you’ll need:
- 2 handfuls of kale, washed and dried very well
- 2 tbsp extra virgin live oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
What you’ll need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry the kale well, divide it into bite sizes.
- Massage the kale with the olive oil, getting it into all the crevices. Put each piece onto the baking tray.
- Place the kale in the oven, checking frequently because there is a thin line between crispy and burnt with these bad boys. Overall, it should take approx. 5-7mins.
- Sprinkle with the salt and paprika and serve.