These potato skins are not only delicious, but are also really easy to make. This potato skin recipe can also be mixed-up with some of your own favourite toppings if you prefer.
What you’ll need:
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 4 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 small bottle sunflower oil
- 3 tbsps. garlic and herb cream cheese
- 200g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 tbsp. butter
What you’ll need to do:
- Wash the potatoes and cook in the microwave for approximately 40 minutes (check with a skewer or fork to see if they are cooked through).
- Allow the potatoes to cool to a temperature where your able to hold them
- Fry the bacon till crisp.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Add the sunflower oil to a roasting tin and place in the oven.
- Halve the potatoes lengthways and scoop out the centre into a food processor. Leave a generous ring of potato attached to the skin.
- To the mashed potato add butter, milk, cream cheese, the bacon, salt and pepper. Mix until smooth.
- Once the oil starts to simmer in the oven, add the potato skins. Roast until golden.
- Remove the skins with tongs and place on kitchen paper to drain. Remove the roasting tin full of oil from the oven and allow to cool somewhere safe.
- Spoon the mashed potato mixture back into the skins and top with the grated cheese. (This recipe can be prepared ahead up to this point with the potatoes refrigerated overnight.)
- Place the potato skins on a baking tray and bake in the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes or for 20 minutes from refrigerated.