The opening up of the ‘Ex’-Files is the most common reason why couples argue!
If the thought of his ex really bugs you, so much so that it’s causing rows, here are a few reasons not to fret so much!
1. They ended it! They’re not star-crossed lovers like Romeo and Juliet. It just wasn’t meant to be. You are!
2. He doesn’t compare you to her. Do you always compare your current and ex-boyfriend? Of course you don’t! Thinking of people like that is just a big fat waste of time.
3. He’s moved on. He’s with you now, and he’s loving it! Nobody is forcing him to be here.
4. She’s moved on. Hopefully! And if she’s still clinging onto him and stalking him on Facebook, then that’s just sad, and definitely not a threat to you!
5. He talks about her just enough to show that he’s not hiding anything from you, but not so much it makes you worry. There is a perfect amount to talk about an ex, and it’s that sweet spot right there.
6. He’s not hiding your relationship. If he calls you his girlfriend, and introduces you to his friends, then he’s proud to be yours. He certainly isn’t hiding you from his ex either, because he couldn’t care less what she knows!
7. You have intimate inside jokes and a language that’s just yours and his, and nobody else’s. OK, he might have had that with his ex too, but now he’s got a whole new set of pet names for you…babycakes.
8. If you keep worrying, it will turn you into an insecure bundle of crazy and he will realize there’s nothing he can say or do to make you feel safe. And that makes for an unhealthy relationship. Or a broken-up one.
9. Most ex-girlfriends are normal people who are not scamming to steal your man. She’s not a crazy bitch or a soap villain! Imagine your ex’s current girlfriend thinking that about you.
10. He doesn’t go nuts about your ex-boyfriend, because he knows he doesn’t have to. And you should trust him as much as he trusts you.