Electric Picnic festival-goers rushed to hospital
There has been some bad news from Stradbally after a man and woman’s tent caught fire at Electric Picnic in the early hours of the morning.
The fire started around 5am in the Pink Moon campsite where the pair was staying.
The couple are believed to have fallen asleep after lighting candles in their tent.
They were both taken to Portlaoise General Hospital for treatment before the woman was transferred to St James’ Hospital in Dublin.
Their injuries are believed not to be life-threatening.
We hope they both recover very soon!