Electric Picnic festival-goers rushed to hospital

by

There has been some bad news from Stradbally after a man and woman’s tent caught fire at Electric Picnic in the early hours of the morning.

The fire started around 5am in the Pink Moon campsite where the pair was staying.

The couple are believed to have fallen asleep after lighting candles in their tent.

They were both taken to Portlaoise General Hospital for treatment before the woman was transferred to St James’ Hospital in Dublin.

Their injuries are believed not to be life-threatening.

We hope they both recover very soon!

 

Trending
Well hello there!
Help us help you by allowing us and our partners to remember your device in cookies to serve you personalized content and ads.

We're on a mission to help our mums and their families thrive by informing, connecting and entertaining.

Join us in our mission by consenting to the use of cookies and IP address recognition by us and our partners to serve you content (including ads) best suited to your interests, both here and around the web.

We promise never to share any other information that may be deemed personal unless you explicitly tell us it's ok.

If you want more info, see our privacy policy.