This salad is full of protein and very tasty thanks to yummy feta. Healthy and delicious – sounds perfect.
What you need:
- 425g black beans/400g dried turtle beans (same thing), soaked overnight and cooked to instructions on packet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of one lime
- 198g sweetcorn
- 2 spring onion
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped finely
- 5 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- handful of lettuce, shredded
- 2 tortilla wraps
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 180.
- Oil an ovenproof bowl, place the tortilla wrap into the bowl. Bake in the oven until lightly golden, be careful not to burn!
- Remove the tortilla wrap from the bowl, it should now be in a bowl shape. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and add the garlic and chilli.
- When softened, add the cumin and the black beans.
- Allow the flavours to come together for 2-3mins.
- Take the beans off the heat and stir in the rest of the ingredients, except the lettuce and cheese
- Serve in the tortilla bowl and add the lettuce and cheese on top.
Top tip: Add anything you like on top, maybe some jalapeños, black olives, guacamole or sour cream!