We’ve all heard of banana bread, but this latest bread trend has managed to combine our two favourite fruits into one delicious sweet snack.
What you’ll need:
- 225g plain flour
- 1tsp. baking powder
- 1tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 175g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 mashed bananas
- 100g melted butter
- 100g chopped strawberries
What you’ll need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Grease and flour a bread loaf tin, then set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda to combine and remove any lumps.
- In another large bowl, beat together the caster sugar and eggs until mixture is pale.
- Stir in the mashed banana and melted butter.
- Fold in the flour mixture, making sure it is fully combined.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Pour mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 55-60mins.
- Keep an eye on the loaf towards the end of the cooking time and if the top gets a little too dark, make sure to cover with tin foil.
- Remove from the oven and test with either a fork or skewer. If the fork/skewer comes out clean from the centre of the loaf, your bread is baked.
- Allow the bread to cool in the tin for 20 mins. before removing the loaf to a cooling rack.