Oh don't get us wrong, we love being girls. It’s fun, it’s glamorous and…OK, fine…sometimes we’d like to be our boyfriends for a day. There, we said it.
Just look at the ease with which they glide through life while we suffer through car-to-bar shoes and monthly mini breakdowns.
Here are just ten reasons those lads of ours have it easy!
1) We wake up and mentally put aside at least half an hour to wash, do our hair and put on our make-up; this is before we even get to breakfast.
They wake up and mentally put aside eleven minutes to eat, wash, dress, scuffle with their flatmate over COD and still manage to leave the house before we’ve even located the damn eyeliner.
2) We alternate between three different outfits in one hour when deciding on an ensemble for a night out.
They alternate between three different shirts in one year and no one seems to notice.
3) We suffer through an existential crisis once a month.
They suffer through an existential crisis when the off- licence is out of craft beer.
4) We must tend to our nails, eyebrows, hair and waxing appointments while also maintaining a normal work/life balance.
They must go to the barbers once every six weeks for approximately fifteen minutes.
5) We are always cold. If our pumps aren’t keeping our feet warm, then our bangin’ leather jacket is doing nothing to keep the breeze out.
They are always comfortable. If their snug trainers aren’t keeping them warm, you can be damn sure their fleece-lined jackets are.
6) We panic over every little quibble among our friends.
They panic over every little piece of food that goes missing from the fridge.
7) We wash our teeth, remove our make-up, brush our hair and apply our moisturiser before we can even THINK about getting into bed.
They wash their teeth, drop their trousers, tumble into bed and start snoring before we’ve even located the cotton balls.
8) We constantly have sore feet.
They NEVER have sore feet.
9) We wake up and look like a different person to the goddess that got into bed.
They wake up and look the same as they did when they got into bed, if not cuter. Dammit!
10) We get to date someone who considers Call of Duty a suitable dinner topic.
They get to date US!
We demand some changes.