The pursuit of perfect brows went really wrong for one teen

Oh no, this is literally the stuff of beauty treatment nightmares! 

Polly Smith, a 19-year-old dancer from Buckinghamshire in the U.K, went to a local beauty salon in the pursuit of beautiful brows, but what she ended up with was anything but. 

She had a massive allergic reaction to the treatment, which included the threading technique and a dye used to tint her eyebrows.

The day after getting the procedure done, Polly's eyes were so badly swollen she could hardly open them due to a severe allergy to the dye used on her face.

According to Polly, she completed the patch test for the eyebrow dye before under going the treatment and nothing unusual had shown up. 

To her horror, she was left with a layer of scabs surrounding her extremely swollen eyes and eyebrows which resulted in her going to hospital three days later. 

But that's not all, Polly said her eyebrows are beginning to fall out and doctors told her she could be scarred for life. 

Trending
Well hello there!
Help us help you by allowing us and our partners to remember your device in cookies to serve you personalized content and ads.

We're on a mission to help our mums and their families thrive by informing, connecting and entertaining.

Join us in our mission by consenting to the use of cookies and IP address recognition by us and our partners to serve you content (including ads) best suited to your interests, both here and around the web.

We promise never to share any other information that may be deemed personal unless you explicitly tell us it's ok.

If you want more info, see our privacy policy.