We deeply apologise to all selfie stick lovers for bringing you this terrible news: selfie sticks have officially been banned at Disney World and Disneyland.
Disney officials have announced that starting on Tuesday, all Disney theme parks in Orlando, Paris and Hong Kong will have a ban on the popular photo taking tool.
A spokeswoman for the group explained to the Orlando Sentinel that selfie sticks have become a “growing safety concern for both our guests and cast.”
Disneyland is joining a growing list of popular venues that have banned the selfie-taking apparatus. The Museum of Modern Art in New York, the Colosseum in Rome, Wimbledon tennis championships, Coachella music festival, and a host of other venues have all banned the stick.
While the world’s selfie epidemic has undoubtedly gotten out of control, we can’t argue that there have been some pretty great photos captured as a result.
So, in memory of the selfie stick, let’s take a look at our favourite five celebrity-selfie-stick-moments.
1. Is there any possible selfie more 'fashion' than Zoolander, Hansel and Anna Wintour? Definitley, definitely not.
2. Even the President of The United States is doing it…
3. Wouldn't it be a downright shame if this beautiful trio couldn't capture themselves at the optimum angle?
4. A bearded Leo DiCaprio has even been seen aimlessly wandering around with his selfie stick.
5. And last but by no means least, the woman who wrote the book on it… literally. While we realise that Kim K isn't holding a selfie stick here, her deep-rooted love for taking pictures of herself did result in an elephant giving her a fright so we simply couldn't leave it out.