Former Girls Aloud star Nadine Coyle has just revealed that she was close to death after being exposed to carbon monoxide in her LA home.
The 30-year-old singer, who is in a relationship with American NFL player Jason Bell, admitted that she felt terrified after the whole ordeal.
Speaking on today's Good Morning Britain, Nadine explained how she suffered from memory loss, extreme fatigue and severe chest pains while living in the property – but she didn't realise what was happening to her.
"You don't notice it," she confessed and blamed her fatigue on other factors.
"You're like, 'I'm really tired. Is it with all the flying around, is it jet lag, am I getting sick, is it a cold, have we got a bug, why are we so tired all the time?'”
She also revealed that she started to lose her memory.
"We couldn't remember the word for table, like, “What is that? Put it on the…” – we couldn't remember what is was."
The Irish singer felt so ill that she ended up going to hospital in order to figure out what was making her chest hurt so much.
"I thought there was something seriously wrong, and they checked for everything and they said, “You're fine”, and I said, “This still doesn't explain why I feel so bad”.
"Then when the blood tests came back they said it was exposure to high levels of gas, but still he hadn't said it was carbon monoxide."
Ms Coyle then went on to tell the show's hosts that she found out the alarming news after a gas engineer checked her house.
"The guy in LA had seen that the boiler was faulty, there was a crack in it. It just happened to be someone was coming round – it was so lucky," she confessed.
Nadine then went on to warn viewers about the importance of having alarms fitted in homes, claiming they "could save lives."