Many were shocked and saddened when Cadbury's changed the chocolate in its creme egg.
Yep, the sweet company ditched the original chocolate for cheaper stuff, and fans were not happy. Cadbury's even suffered a €6 million sales slump because of it.
So, if you don't want to lose the deliciousness of what once was, here's a fab recipe you can make with Dairy Milk chocolate, and guess what? It tastes exactly like the chocolate your mammy used to buy you.
Remember to get some egg-shaped moulds to make the sweets!
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups powered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- Yellow food colouring
- 450g Dairy Milk chocolate, melted
1. Prepare the eggshells by pouring the melted chocolate into the moulds. Tilt the mould to reach the whole surface and remember to keep space for the filing. Chill for 5 to 10 minutes, or until set.
2. In a mixer, cream together the corn syrup, butter, powered sugar and vanilla. Add milk and continue to mix. Take a third of the mixture and add the yellow food colouring for the yolk filling.
3. Transfer the white filling and yellow filling into two separate plastic bags, and cut a small hole in one corner of each bag.
4. Pipe the white filling first, then a small amount of the yellow filling into the chocolate egg. Chill for ten minutes to harden.
5. Use a thin layer of melted chocolate to stick the moulds together, and chill for another 5 minutes.
6. AND NOW EAT!