Did you know you’ve been making toast wrong your WHOLE life?
If you've been using a toaster every morning, we have news for you: you're making toast WRONG.
Yep, it's true.
Raquel Pelzel, Toasting Queen, released a new book called, Toast: A Cookbook, and in it she explains all the ins and outs of making the perfect piece of toast.
Speaking to Woman's Health, Raquel admits she uses a grill 90 percent of the time when she's making toast at home.
"This method of toasting adds the loveliest extra dimension of singed flavour from the grilling element," she says.
Plus, if you love big slices of toast (but get annoyed because they won't fit in the toaster), you can now make golden-brown delicious slices easily!
Here is Ms Pelzel's tried-and-true method:
1. Drizzle one side of the bread with either oil (olive, grapeseed, your pick!) or softened butter, then season with a few pinches of salt.
2. Position the rack on the top tier of the grill, 7 to 8 centimetres from the grilling element, and preheat to high.
3. Set the bread on a foil-lined baking sheet and grill until golden-brown (about two or three minutes).
4. Flip the bread slices, and toast the other side for about another minute or so.
5. Remember to watch the bread closely as you don't want it to burn!
Et viola! Perfect toast!
Ok, we know that it's a little bit more complicated and time-consuming than popping bread into a toaster, but hey, the results are SO worth it – especially the next time you want to make avocado toast!