Spare cash is quite rare these days, but that doesn’t stop your home becoming drab and dated. However, with just a little bit of spare change you can lift and refresh your kitchen cabinets.
- Firstly, choose your colour. This is dependent on taste so you can go as crazy as you want.
- Choose a primer that is recommended for the type of surface that you will be working on. The same goes for the paint.
- Once you have your colour picked, you can start removing the doors, drawers and their handles. Take pictures as you go so you will remember what goes where.
- Clean your surfaces so that they are free of grease and dirt. Sand them down and wipe any dust away with a damp cloth.
- Using the primer, apply a light coat. Let it dry before putting on your top coat.
- Start with your doors as they will take longer to dry.
- When moving on to your drawers remember not to paint the sides. You may accidently ruin the drawers gliding mechanism.
- Always test your handy work on the back BEFORE you get started on the front.
If you really want to go wild, treat yourself to some new handles.