Stuffed mushrooms make a very easy starter if you have dinner guests over.
Simply have them prepared, stick them under the grill when the guest arrive and voilà! Domestic goddess.
What you’ll need:
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. such as Philadelphia or Boursin
- 1 garlic clove (unless the cream cheese is flavoured)
- Handful of grated mature cheddar cheese
- Sprinkle of fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Handful of breadcrumbs
What you’ll need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry your mushrooms well to ensure they won’t be too soggy when cooked.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and finely chopped garlic. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Massage the mushrooms with the olive oil.
- Spread the cream cheese over underside of the mushroom, getting into all of the grooves.
- Sprinkle with the cheddar and finely chopped rosemary.
- Add the breadcrumbs on top. Repeat with the second mushroom.
- Bake for about 15-20 until the mushroom is soft, the breadcrumbs are golden and the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Serve with a fresh green salad to balance the richness of the cheeses.