Now that the sun is finally making an appearance and the evenings getting tantalisingly longer, we'll be looking for any excuse to sit out for a few after work drinks this summer.
With Dublin's first ever Gin & Tonic Festival kicking off next week, we know what our drink of choice is set to be this summer. And while we love a good G&T, we'll never say no to spicing up our drink with a few extra ingredients.
Keeping DIY cocktail making in mind, Bombay Sapphire have created a number of Bombay Twist recipes, turning the classic G&T into something really special. Here are three that'll have you dreaming of sunny evenings with friends…
Last Rasp Gin & Tonic Twist
- 50ml Bombay Sapphire
- 100ml Schweppes tonic water
- 3 fresh whole raspberries
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1 fresh basil sprig
- 3 raspberries
- Large basil sprig
- Place 3 raspberries in the bottom of a Bombay Sapphire balloon glass and gently muddle.
- Add Bombay Sapphire and stir to mix fully, then add plenty of good quality cubed ice.
- Add the 3 basil leaves and top with the Schweppes tonic water.
- Stir once again to combine all of the flavours.
- Finish by garnishing the top of the drink with 2 fresh raspberries and a large flamboyant basil sprig.
Ultimate Vanilla-Blackberry Gin & Tonic Twist
- 50ml Bombay Sapphire infused with a freshly slit vanilla pod for 24 hours
- 75ml Schweppes tonic water
- 25ml ginger ale
- 1 blackberry
- 2 lime wheels (gently squeezed)
- 3 blackberries
- Large sprig of basil leaves
- Squash a blackberry in the bottom of a chilled Bombay Sapphire balloon glass and then add the vanilla-infused Bombay Sapphire. Stir to mix.
- Fill 4/5ths of the glass with good quality cubed ice and stir again.
- Top with 75ml Schweppes tonic water and 25ml ginger ale then stir gently for a final time.
- Garnish with a couple of lime wheels, three blackberries and a large sprig of basil.
Quietly Confident Pink Lady Gin & Tonic Twist
- 50ml Bombay Sapphire (infused with Pink Lady apple and cucumber peel)
- 100ml elderflower tonic water
- 2 lime wedges, squeezed
- 1/2 Pink Lady apple (finely chopped)
- 2 long cucumber peels
- A few lime peel discs
- Some lamb's lettuce leaves
- Julienned Pink Lady apple and cucumber
Method for Infusion
- Take a bottle of Bombay Sapphire and pour out 50ml, replace with a small handful of a finely chopped Pink Lady apple and a couple of long cucumber peels.
- Replace the cap, shake well and place in the fridge for 24 hours to infuse.
Method for Drink
- Take a chilled Bombay Sapphire balloon glass and fill with good quality cubed ice.
- Squeeze in the juice of 2 lime wedges.
- Pour in the Pink Lady apple and cucumber-infused Bombay Sapphire, and stir to chill and mix.
- Gently pour in half a bottle of elderflower tonic water and stir briefly.
- Finally, carefully arrange some julienned Pink Lady apple and cucumber, a few lime peel discs and some freshly picked lamb's lettuce leaves on top for aroma.