Ah parents. We love 'em! These may be quotes you hear over the phone if you don't live at home, on the weekends when you visit home, or every minute of every day if you live at home!
With Christmas just around the corner, we look forward to hearing these a LOT more:
1. "It’s lashing – would ya not bring my red jacket with you?"
Rather be caught dead, thanks though!
2. "Have you worn that skirt I got you yet, I haven’t noticed it at all?"
Oh, um…I wore it last week. No mammy I love it, honestly!
3. "That’s it – I’m finished with you"
What does that even MEAN?!
4. "Who are you hanging around with these days using language like that?"
I only said shut up…
5. "Don’t sit on the radiator – you’ll get piles"/ "Don't sit so close to the fire you'll get a kidney infection
You are actually a little bit wary of these warnings
6. "Ask your mother"
Usually in relation to where something is
7. "Ask your father"
Usually in relation to being allowed to go somewhere/ do something
8. "Will you take the shopping from the car there when you’re done sitting in front of the TV all day?"
You literally sat down the second the door opened…typical
9. "Are you still in bed?! It’s 9am! Are you coming to mass, I suppose not"
It's more of a guilt trip than an actual question
10. "Talk to your granny, here, talk to her! I couldn’t be listening to her"
Ah, the future